Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hitting 100 K...


Earlier today my little blog reached a milestone. A little after 7am this morning I checked because I knew I was getting close to 100,000 pageviews. I thought it would have been cool to get a screenshot of 100,000. You know, like watching the mileage on your car when it turns over to 100,000 miles. But when I refreshed the page, it went to 100,007. I'll take it.

When I first started my blog, I used to track the visits, and even though I'm not writing to get max visits (I've always said I write things that interest me and my family, kind of like a daily journal...), I still am interested in seeing which stories people have seen.

I began the blog on January 24, 2011. I forgot to acknowledge the blog's three-year anniversary (the last four weeks have been kind of crazy...), but I noticed I was creeping up to 100K so I started to take notice.

There's a blog I follow and last fall he wrote about how he hit his millionth blog visit and he started his blog a few months after me. A million hits...pretty impressive. I haven't reached a million, but I'm pleased with those who have taken the time to check out my little blog. Hopefully, they're glad they did. Here's to the next 100,000!

No comments:

Post a Comment