Saturday, February 8, 2014

Not Watching The Olympics...Am I The Only One?


I'm usually excited about the Olympics, summer and winter, especially since I was a volunteer back with the winter Olympics were held in my home town 12 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long...).

But there's something about this one.

I haven't watched a second of coverage and I don't know if I'm going to watch any of it.

Of course, by not watching it means I'm also not watching all of the non-Olympic "stuff" the American network with the broadcasting rights crams down our collective throats. I get so sick of the stories that never seem to end. And it's always bugged me when the games are held half a world away, the prime-time coverage back home is all delayed anyway.

I might end up watching some of the events. I love curling--truly. It's a killer sport. Maybe curling will make me change my mind. Whether I watch it or not, I do hope the games are a success where the competition is great and there are no major disasters. And, of course, U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!

No comments:

Post a Comment