Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tonight's Temple Visit...


You may have seen the buildings, large, well-lit structures with a gold statue of a man blowing a horn on top. They're LDS temples and they're popping up everywhere. No state has more of these building than where I live, Utah. There's the world-famous Salt Lake City Temple, a Gothic structure that took 40 years to build. Temples nowadays take 40 months to build, not 40 years.


If you live near one, or are passing by---especially at night, try and get some pictures. My wife, son and I went to the temple closest to where we live tonight and I tried getting some pictures. Unfortunately, all I had was my phone. These pictures don't do the place justice.


The buildings are incredibly important to members of the church, but even if you're not a member, I hope you get a chance to check out a temple close up. Go in the summer when the grounds are incredibly beautiful, or in winter after snow has fallen, or at night. And bring a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment