Friday, February 14, 2014

So, You're Telling Me There's A Green Room...?


"So, where are you headed next?" I asked my friend Chas we walked along the semi-crowded halls of the Provo Marriott (that doesn't have free internet for guests, by the way...grrrr). 

"I'm going to go see if there are any free eclairs left."

"Free eclairs?" I asked, for chocolate creaminess sounded pretty good right about then.

"Yeah," he said casually. "They're in the Green Room."

"What?! There's a Green Room?"

"Yeah, it's just up here at the Willow room."


And so, I almost made the same mistake TWICE! I almost missed out on free food at the Green Room set up for panelists and other guest at this year's LTUE writer's conference.

Last year I was honored to be a panelist at the country's most successful Comic Con, the Salt Lake Comic Con, and I didn't realize until after I read a fellow panelist's Facebook post weeks later that he had an incredible experience meeting celebrities in the Comic Con Green Room.

I had no idea a Green Room at Comic Con even existed and I found out weeks after it was over. Today I spoke to the panelist and told him how I only found out about the room after reading his Facebook post.

"Oh yeah! It was great!" he said smiling." They had a chef who would make whatever you wanted right there for you!" This did not improve my spirits, but it forever cemented the thought in my mind that if I'm again fortunate enough to be invited to be a panelist at another Comic Con (or any event, for that matter...), the first thing I'm going to do is find the Green Room!

No comments:

Post a Comment