Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Instagram...Love It Or Not?


For years, I knew nothing about Instagram, except it had become a hugely successful app. The main reason for my lack of knowledge was because I didn't have a smart phone. I think that I could have set up an account using my computer, but I didn't.

When I got my phone I signed up and I use the app occasionally. I could use it more, of course, but there's something that bugs me about the app--it has to do with the filtering. I think it has to do with how I was raised. I felt the same way about music for a long time.

Growing up, I used to think that the better something is, the more respect they should get. I have no idea where this came from, but I remember in Jr. High, kids would like some songs that I knew weren't difficult to play (because I was learning to play instruments myself...). I've since changed my tune (see what I did there?) about this and I react more to music by the way it makes me feel. I enjoy more music now.


So, back to Instagram. I've posted the original picture and the modified picture. I like the one I adjusted--I like how it turned out. But it's not a true representation of what I saw back when I took the picture on the 20th of December, 2013. I didn't work hard to get the better shot, meaning I didn't set the camera to take an interesting picture.

Instagram did it for me. 

I ended up liking the way it turned out. Now, I need to learn to enjoy it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment