Saturday, April 12, 2014

I Call It...Homework


I found out about a week ago that I'm going to be on a panel at Salt Lake Comic Con FanX next week that discusses J.R.R Tolkien's masterpieces, The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings trilogy.

Um...Wow!

The exact name of the panel is: The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings Films as Adaptations. Personally, I can't wait, but I realized when I found out I would be on the panel that I needed to brush up on my Tolkien. On Wednesday I downloaded The Hobbit in audiobook form and finished it the next day. It's been SO long since I read that book--great book!

http://saltlakecomiccon.com/*

Yesterday I rented and watched the first Hobbit film and today I rented the second one. Between now and next Friday at 1pm I need to watch all three of The Lord of the Rings films. If I had another week I'd listen to all three books, too--not this time.

Initial thoughts about the films? Peter Jackson sure made some great, long films! And instead of watching them for entertainment only, this time it's homework.


* Photo used without permission from: http://saltlakecomiccon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment