Thursday, May 1, 2014

Proud Of My Son...


Tonight friends and family gathered for a school activity, and one of the events was an oral test my son was required to give. He and his fellow classmates stood before everyone and answered questions about what they learned in their class this year.

We've all been in situations that make us uncomfortable. For many it's speaking in front of people. My son had an out--he could have taken the test at a later time with no one in the audience. To be honest, I wasn't sure what he was going to do. I know certain things make him nervous.

But when the time came for it to be his turn, he stood, walked up in front of everyone and answered the questions. I could tell he was a little nervous, but that's because I'm his dad. If you were watching him tonight, you wouldn't have seen him be nervous at all.

He's our second child. I was a second child. I know how much attention the first child gets and how much the second child gets. I hope he knows I'm proud of him. I hope he knows I love him. I hope he knows he's a great kid with amazing talents. Because if not, I haven't done my job. Well done, son!

No comments:

Post a Comment