Friday, October 9, 2015

Ever Seen A Zombie Mambo...?


Our small town (that's not so small anymore...) has its own amusement park. Growing up I spent every summer day--except probably Sundays--at that park. When I was a teenager I worked there and had some wonderful times and make some great friends.


For the past twenty years the park has a season after the regular summer season. They call it Frightmares and it's a lot of fun. I had never been to Frightmares so I was excited to see what it was all about. My son and I are house managers for a show. They call it Zombie Mambo, and it too, is a lot of fun!


The show is made up of seven talented performers, four men and three women. There's actually two versions of the Mamba. Truth be told, I like Show A, but Show B is great, too.


The show's centerpiece is a late 1960s/early 1970s pink and purple Cadillac hearse. They dance on the car, climb all over it and during a couple of songs, get that car rockin'.


Frightmares goes until Halloween day. The park is open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but it's open the entire last week of October. If you're on the park, just go north after coming in the main entrance. And if you do come see the show, stop and say "hi." That is, after you've enjoyed the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment