Saturday, October 17, 2015

Facebook...Doing Something I Should Be Doing On My Own


 Looks like Facebook is doing something for me I'm failing to do myself, namely, not just create memories but allow me to recall them as well.

If you're a Facebook person and you post things (I've posted something everyday for almost four straight years...), you might see these memory reminders pop up on your Facebook feed. I've only had a few, but they've brought back some great memories. 


Facebook wants me to then share the picture with everyone. But I shared this picture with everyone a year ago today. Do I really want to do it again?

Sometimes.

I had a thought come to me when I saw this adorable picture of my youngest when I checked Facebook this morning. They are doing what I should be doing! I've taken a lot of digital pictures in the last six or seven years, tens of thousands of them. I take them because they're practically free and I enjoy photography. Plus, I want to keep a visual record of my family, the good times, the not-so-good times, the ups and downs. 

And I believe I've done that, but what I haven't done, is gone back and enjoyed those memories. Maybe it's because I've taken SO many pictures--there's just too many to sift through. Maybe it's because I'm too busy taking new pictures to take time and enjoy the older ones. Whatever the reason, I'm not enjoying the memories like I thought I would. 

One day I'd like to take every digital picture I've taken and make a ton of photo albums. Okay, maybe not every picture--just the good ones. That will be quite an undertaking, but I want to do it, because when it's all said and done, all that exists are pictures and words.


So, I suppose I should be thanking Facebook and whoever came up with the idea.

Thanks Facebook (and whoever came up with this idea...). Thanks for the memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment