Friday, October 16, 2015

Simpsons...What A Great Pre-Birthday Gift!


My birthday's not for another month and change, but co-worker Steve dropped off a few pre-birthday gifts for me last week at work. He picked up four Simpson's figurines and delivered them to me at work. Several months ago he saw three other figurines and picked them up for me. I placed them atop one of my computer monitors at work.


I don't care that he found them at the Dollar Tree store--they're way cool and they add a certain awesomeness to my work space. In true Steve fashion, he apologized that the Bart figurine was unavailable. Hey, I've been to those dollar stores. I would be surprised if even one of the Simpson's figurines were left. He found four. There's no need to apologize.


(I think it's interesting that the Homer and Marge figurines at rated a 3+, and yet the the two daughters are not--I wonder why...)


Of course, I'm sure he didn't buy them for my birthday. He may not even know when my birthday is (even though, it's one of the biggie birthdays...). He was just being nice and a good friend.


So, now the three existing Simpson's characters, Mr. Burns, Chief Wiggum, and Krusty the Clown have been joined by the whole Simpson's family...almost. And that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment