Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Xchyler Anthologies...Evolved


Last week I got an e-mail from Xchyler Publishing about their anthologies. Since 2013 I've been involved in several of these collections. My first published story appeared in one of these books. I'm still proud of the stories and the books. They all had excellent covers to go along with the excellent tales. You can find more at Xchyler Publishing's website: HERE.

Too bad more people don't read anthologies.

The first story I ever sold appeared in Xchyler Publishing's Mechanized Masterpieces: A Steampunk Anthology. The book is a collection of steampunk retellings of Victorian classics. Our instruction was to take a Victorian story and steampunk it. The authors could tell the same story, or just use the classic characters. Most picked stories from England. My story came from Denmark. It's a story I loved writing. We called it Little Boiler Girl, a steampunked version of H.C Anderson's Little Match Girl


A few years later Xchyler published a follow-up collection, this time using classic American stories. Xchyler chose another of my shorts, this time I steampunked Jack London's Call of the Wild. I called my story, Mr. Thornton. Again, a blast to write.

The third time I appeared in a Xchyler anthology, I wrote Split Ends in their Shades and Shadows paranormal anthology. My story's about two ghosts in a beauty salon in Manitou Springs, Colorado. 

I owe a lot to Xchyler. They gave me my start. Because of them, I got gigs at Salt Lake Comic Con, LTUE, Salt City Steamfest and other conventions. I met amazing writers and have had wonderful experiences. Xchyler is working to keep all these books available for years to come. I hope they do. The world needs more art, more stories, more dreams translated to words and collected in books. Thank you Xchyler for all you've done for me. May the good work you've done continue on.

3 comments:

  1. Didn't know you were mixed up with that lot. Penny was in my ward for a while in Houston. Ben Ireland was, too, for a few years. Small world!

    ReplyDelete