Sunday, April 22, 2018

You Never Know What You're Going To Get...When You Search For Something


After last night's Utah Jazz win over the Oklahoma City Thunder, the player of the game, Ricky Rubio, attended the after-game press conference wearing a F • R • I • E • N • D • S shirt. This caused me to remember a promotional ad NBC created back when they televised the NBA playoffs and when the show Friends was on the air. Many a Jazz fan commented on Ricky's shirt after seeing the press conference. And since we live in an amazing age, I googled the NBC ad and posted the link on Twitter.

You can see the ad: HERE. It's quite funny.

I'm sure if you spend any time on a computer at all you notice that whatever you search for will find eventually become an advertisement. 

Yup--you guessed it. Since I googled "Friends," I saw an ad for friends. Not the show, or anyone associated with the show, but--from what I can ascertain--actual friends. A link for me to find friends at Walmart. I guess they're just waiting for me to somehow pay for them and they'll become my new friends. And, as an added bonus, they're on sale--score!

I never did click on the link. Maybe I should have. I mean, who can't use more friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment