Thursday, April 12, 2018

The Adventure Is Out There Podcast...Check It Out!


Over the years I've had a love/hate relationship with podcasts. I was late to the party so when I discovered them, I dove in headfirst. I searched and subscribed to dozens and dozens of amazing podcasts. I'd do my best to never miss an episode. After all, I'm subscribing for a reason and that reason was to hear what they had to say.

But, it got in too deep. Even listening to podcasts at 2X speed, I simply ran out of time. I admitted defeat--I couldn't listen to them all. Now, I subscribe to about 20 podcasts. Most drop episodes weekly, a few more than that. I know I'm missing out on a lot of good information and entertainment, but something's got to give.

Today, for the first time in a long time, I checked out a couple of new podcasts. Adventure is Out There was one of them. I'll blog about the other one at a later date.

I must say I don't know how this one is going to go. They've only released one episode as of today, and that was basically, an introduction to what that the podcast is about and what to expect in the future. The main reason I decided to check out this new podcast is because I know the two people involved in its creation.

Adventure Is Out There! header image 1

Experiencing art when you know the artist adds another dimension to its enjoyment. I love reading books when I know the author personally. I've been fortunate enough to do that more and more over the last couple of years since I've been published. It means more. I want the book to succeed more. I felt the same way today while listening to the introduction episode this afternoon.

Personally, I'm not sure how relatable this podcast will be for me. I am not their target audience. Why? Because I don't travel and I don't go to Disney parks or resorts. It's not that I don't want to, but considering I've only been on one plane trip in almost twenty years, and I've been to Disneyland three times in my fifty-two and a half years, I doubt I'll be able to take advantage of the hosts' experience and wisdom.

I do wish them luck. If you're interested in learning more about Mo and Zack's takes on all things Disney, travel, and Disney Travel, click: HERE for more information, or you can find it on iTunes. I look forward to their next episode. It's going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment