Sunday, May 13, 2018

That Time Chris Created A Book About Me...


Yesterday we had visitors. It was in the early afternoon and two of our friends who live a few streets over dropped by. They brought a shrub for my wife, then Chris, a past co-worker and friend for decades said she had something for me.

Then she pulled out a red (my favorite color...) book with my picture on it.


I was blown away.

Chris went through my blog and my Pic Of The Day photographs and compiled a book. It's over a hundred pages long and there's well over three hundred pictures in it. She even picked a couple of photographs that she knew I would love (she was right, of course...) and added them to the mix.

It is an amazing collection! But what made the biggest impression on me is that this is something she didn't have to do. She didn't have to take the time choosing the pictures, and especially, have a book made. It was overwhelming.


When I first began blogging and posting a daily picture, I thought it would be cool to compile a book, but then after years of posting, a book that's almost 2700 pages (assuming each post gets one page...) is a little too big for a book.

For the past couple of years, I've had a desire to write books that people want to read. I've never had someone create a book for me. It's quite an amazing feeling, and a special one, too. Thanks Chris! I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment