Monday, May 7, 2018

Welcome To Monday Morning...


I had an interesting morning, something I didn't expect for a Monday. I got up at the usual time, got ready and jumped in my car. I started out on my 20-25 minute commute. Things were going pretty much as they have gone for the last six months.

Then, on a whim, I glanced to my left.

The scene took my breath away.

And I almost missed it.


It's the time of the year when, if there's a beautiful sunrise, we have the opportunity to see it. It seems to me that, more often than not, I am usually at my desk when the sun comes up so I miss the sunrises. It's rare when I get a chance to see a really colorful display. This morning I was lucky enough to see it and snap a few pictures.

It occurred to me as the colors slowly faded, I could have easily just continued driving south and never noticed the sky to the east. I wonder how many drivers missed it. That's an interesting question. Of course, seeing the beautiful sunrise may have had no effect on me or my day, but for those few moments, as I snuck glances to the left (I made sure I was in complete control of my car at all times...), the sky was teasing me as if saying, "Look what you almost missed because you were thinking about something else."

Not a bad way to start a Monday.

1 comment: