Wednesday, May 16, 2018

How Much Is That Cupcake In The Window...?


On Wednesdays, at one of our local government buildings, food trucks gather to feed the masses, or  if not masses, then to those who come to eat. Because I've worked away for the last couple of decades, I've missed my chance to enjoy the mobile delicacies.

Things have changed lately.

At lunchtime I came upstairs to see what was in the house. Oh, I could have found something to eat, but my wife suggested I go check out the food truck options just down the hill.

And I did.


I pulled up and saw only two vehicles.  I had hoped there would be more, but the last--and only--time I got lunch from the food trucks, there was only one and the food turned out really good, so I thought I'd give them a shot. The yellow truck looked interesting, but what really caught my eye was the pink RV. They were selling cupcakes. I've seen those mini-RVs driving around every once in while. I think painting it pink, gutting the trailer, and filling it with sugary treats is a great use for an old Toyota. I especially liked the eyelashes over the headlights.

I ordered a quesadilla from Just In Ques. It was good, but we were having quesadillas at home and I could have had one of our own. I suppose the indulgence for my lunch was the cupcake. They had several, but the chocolate drew me like a sailor to the siren's song.


I brought home the lunch, sat down and ate at my desk. A few years ago, cupcakes were all the rage, at least, that's what the cooking shows wanted you to believe. They may not be as big as they once were, but a good dessert is always welcomed.

Yes, the cupcake was delicious. It's not something I think I'm going to get every time--too much of a good thing and all that, but maybe more Wednesdays will be like this. Time will tell.

Oh, and since I brought it up, the chocolate cheesecake--as well as all their cupcakes from Heidi Cakes--cost three bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment