Saturday, May 19, 2018

Thank You Local Grocery Stores...You're Saving Me--And Giving Me--Time!


First, there was one store. We were a little apprehensive about trying out their new service. Imagine, you go online and choose what you want to buy--what you'd spend time hunting down and putting in your cart yourself if you did it.

But you don't have to.

Because they do it for you.

The first store in our area to do this was Walmart. We've been taking advantage of this Grocery Pick Up service for several months and it's been fantastic! The times we've gotten our complete order greatly surpasses the times when one or two or four items have not been available.

Because of our family's diet, we shop at two stores, the before-mentioned Walmart and our local Harmons Grocery Store. If you're local, you most likely have heard about Harmons. It's a wonderful store. Since about December, I've been doing most of the shopping. Before December, I would go shopping occasionally. I mean, I knew where the ice cream was, the dairy, the potato chips, the already-made sandwiches. But when it came to canned clams, or pineapple chunks, or baby bok choy, almost every trip I had to text my wife and ask (many times with an accompanying picture...), "Is this the right one?" I got faster, but it still ended me taking over an hour to find everything.

Then that glorious day appeared when Harmons decided to implement a pick up service of their own. And there was much rejoicing.

We've been using their service for the last month and we love it. With both of the grocery stores we use having this service, I finished my grocery store shopping in less than thirty minutes, literally saving me several hours. That's two-three hours each week that's been given back, time I now have again.

I know there's things I'd not like someone else to fetch for me, but as far as our groceries, just like the BYU football team a few years ago, we're fully invested.

No comments:

Post a Comment