Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Other Side Of The Mountain...


This morning I drove up the nearest canyon to pick up my daughter. She had a dance obligation and ended up spending the night with her dance troupe in Morgan, Utah. The drive was around thirty-five miles from my house, but if I had a helicopter and could fly over the mountain, it would be more like five.

I was blown away at how beautiful it was.


What surprised me the most is, I thought I already knew how beautiful Morgan Valley was. Apparently, I only saw the tip of the iceberg.

It was raining when I left my house. I had to drive north, then east, then south. The home where my daughter stayed was almost at the end of the road. Beyond it was mountains. It looked like Switzerland or Austria up there. Of course, I drove up the canyon and through the valley in the spring when the greens were breathtaking. I can't imagine what it must cost to build a house up there. Usually beautiful locations are protected by those who live there. I'm sure there's been a battle for some time between those who live there and those who'd like to.


I snapped a few photos--none did the views justice. As we drove down the canyon, both my daughter and her friends (to whom I gave them a ride home...) agreed they wanted to live in Morgan Valley.

I kept it to myself, but I could picture myself living up there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment