Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Craig Nybo's "Dead Girl"...Worth Revisiting


I saw a post on social media today about Craig Nybo's Dead Girl. The cover was new so I thought maybe that's why I was seeing the notice. When you have many author friends, books seems to be launched every week. I knew this was not a new book, however. Craig and I have talked several times since he released Dead Girl a few years ago.

My first impression was, I love the new cover! The old cover was cool, too, but I think I like this one better. I clicked on the book's Amazon page and I noticed the cover wasn't the only thing different. The book is now being published by Immortal Works Press.

How cool is that?

Answer--pretty cool!

Over the years I've read many books by people I know. It makes the reading experience that much better. Some stories, I'm a little ashamed to say, have not stayed with me. I remember the general plot, but not much else. I can say that Dead Girl is a story I still recall. I remember the main character, the small town in which he investigates the death of a girl decades earlier, and I remember the tone--very Darren McGavin's Kolchak: The Night Stalker-esk. Craig said that's the feel he was going for and he hit it out of the park.


I blogged about Dead Girl on October 2, 2016. If you're interested, you can read my review: HERE. I still feel the same about the story. Craig self-published his story. I'm not knocking self-publishing, but I always wished this book got the exposure it deserves. I know Immortal Works isn't the largest publisher, but hopefully this will be a decision that helps both sides. Craig can get some exposure and Immortal Works gets another fantastic title to push.

If you want to order the book, click: HERE. From where I sit, I can see my copy of Dead Girl on my bookshelf. If I can get through all my reading obligations, I might just pull it off the shelf and read it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment