Friday, June 29, 2018

Our Cable...To Quote Jayne...Is Starting "To Damage My Calm"


I know, I know. Complaining about your cable company is about as popular (and original...) as complaining about politicians or the weather. But I've been defending our cable provider for years. Maybe it's because, as a child, cable TV didn't exist. Then when it did exist, we couldn't afford it. When I think about how much entertainment can be delivered to our home, not to mention high-speed internet, it's literally a modern-day miracle.

Yes, I've defended the company time and time again when people complain and express their frustrations. I'm sure having worked for the cable company for a couple of years gives me a perspective of the company not many see.

But the events of the past week are testing my resolve. 

Our internet has been going out several times a day, every day for over a week. And when you telecommute and rely on the internet to work, it's not just tough, but a big problem. We've had technicians come out to our house several times, the latest being today. As the technician walked to his truck, I asked him if it was normal for the service to go down so much each day. 

He said, no. He didn't think we'd have the same problem again. He drove away and not thirty minutes later, it went down again. I'm almost too tired to even think about it any more, except next Monday I'll be trying to get my work done and the computer will shut down and if I'm on a call, it'll drop. Not good.

I really understand that the cable workers on the phone and coming out to our house are doing their best. I know they don't want us to have crappy service. It's just one of those situations where things aren't working the way they're supposed to. I hope this gets fixed soon. It's starting to damage my calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment