Monday, June 11, 2018

"Cox & Friends" The Answer To The Question...Does The World Need Another Podcast?


I used to listen to a lot of podcasts, and not only were there a lot, but I was religious in my dedication to making sure I heard each and every one. It got to the point where I was running out of time to do much of anything else (as far as listening goes...). I wasn't getting any reading done--reading audiobooks, that is. 

So, I'm a little more discerning when it comes to trying new podcasts. I used to hit "Subscribe" before I even listened to the new selection. I'm now older. I'm now wiser. I heard about a new podcast primarily from Spencer Cox, the Lt. Governor of Utah. I've followed him for some time on Twitter--he's able to walk a fine line between Utah's big three most controversial topics: religion, politics, and sports. He's got supporters and followers on each end of the religious/political/sports spectrums and everywhere in between. That's not an easy thing to do.


Based on that, I thought I'd give his new podcast called Cox & Friends a shot.

I'm glad I did.

If you'd like a little taste of what Spencer and his friends discuss, just go to iTunes and look at the topics of the nine podcasts so far.


I mean--mule deer, boy scouts, the Utah Jazz, LDS Church, book club discussions--something for everyone. I especially liked their last offering. They talked about several lawsuits taking place in Utah due to upcoming ballot initiatives. I haven't heard a lot about the lawsuits so I found it not only interesting, but informative. The team also discussed several start-ups from Utah that, if they catch on, have almost unlimited potential. It's nice to hear about the locals doing amazing things.

If you're interested in Utah politics, give Cox & Friends a chance. They've held my interest though nine episodes. It took a few weeks for it to get it on iTunes, but now every episode is downloadable. One thing that I especially enjoy about this--or any podcast--is not knowing what the next edition will bring. I get that from Cox & Friends. I think I'll keep on listening. So, to answer the question--yes, I think the world (or our little corner of it...) needs at least one new podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment