Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Difference...Six Years Makes


On the weekends, before I get up and have breakfast, I will sometimes pick up my phone and do a little social media checking. You know, to see if the world as we know it has burned to the ground or not. Usually, everything's fine. Because I'm on Facebook and because I've been posting at least one picture a day since February, 2011, I will get a notification from Facebook for me to re-live what happened on a particular day in years past.

Today I was reminded of a shot I took and posted back on June 10, 2012.

It was a picture of me and my youngest son. The caption I chose for this particular picture was: 

Same Shirts, (Similar Ties), Same Khakis, No Shoes...


Before we left for church, my son and I stood the same place we stood exactly six years ago. Back then we wore the same shirts, similar ties, same khakis, but no shoes. This year we wore the same shirts, similar ties, same khakis, and shoes. For me, I believe these were the exact pair of pants.

He's our youngest. We don't have a lot of pictures of him, at least not printed. I probably have more pictures of him backed up on my hard drive than the others. We need to get them printed and put them in photo books. There's something about turning pages, looking at those faces smiling back at you that is powerful.

I know many people have gone back and recreated shots years after the fact. I don't do it much, but this morning I saw a picture posted years ago and thought it would be fun to do it again. I wonder where we'll both be in six more years. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment