Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Fixing The Hurt...A High-Tech Way


Yesterday I went to the chiropractor to help with back pain. Last year I pinched a nerve in my back causing pain to be in my right arm. I don't know how many visits I made to the chiropractor, but eventually the pain went away and I forgot about it.

That is, until last week. I didn't do anything except get dressed and I felt something tighten in my back. That's when I knew whatever I had happen before was happening again. The back is tricky. If I knew what to do to avoid having this happen again, I'd do that, but you never know with backs.


Yesterday the doctor hooked some sticky things on my back then activated them. I've had the therapy before so I knew what to expect. The other day I was at the store and I saw a similar product for sale advertising lower back pain relief. I asked the chiropractor if I might be able to use that product for what caused my pain. Turns out, they had a little electronic gizmo themselves.

I bought the Tens AA, brought it home, and used it throughout the day today. 

Isn't technology great?


Of course, I may not have put the stickers on the same spot as they did. I tried remembering as best I could where they stuck them. I think I did okay. The ability to set the level of juice was a cool option. And I could wear the unit on my belt while I worked. The doctor just counseled I need to not have it on more than I had it off. In other words, if I had it going for fifteen minutes, I needed to wait fifteen minutes to start it up again.

These things have probably been around for years. I've been lucky and haven't needed to use them. I don't know how long the discomfort will hang around this time--hopefully not long at all. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment