Saturday, June 30, 2018

Oh, How Lovely Was The Morning...


We had to get up early to take family to the airport--not too early, but early for a weekend. I opened the front door to let the cat inside and a cool breeze washed over me.

And it felt wonderful.


The thermometer read: 62º. That's hard to believe. Not three days earlier it was 93º at 10:30pm--that's Vegas temperatures. I was talking to someone a week or two ago about Utah's weather. I told them Utah's weather would be perfect in the summers if two things would happen. First, if it would rain at least once a week during the summer, that would be wonderful. It would clean the air and help water everything. And Second, if the temperatures would drop below 70º at night, I could handle 100º plus days. Those two things would make Utah summers, in a word, perfect.


When I saw the 62º I thought maybe a perfect summer was on its way.

Nope--at least, not yet. It hasn't rained in a couple of weeks.

Rain looked hopeful; we had clouds and they were amazing. I snapped a few pictures to remember the lovely morning. Oh, if every summer morning could be this nice, I'd be halfway there to my perfect summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment