Monday, May 13, 2019

Almost A Month To Go...Until Fyrecon 3!


I heard a couple of radio ads for next month's Fyrecon 3 today. They're great and they got me excited for the event. The third incarnation happens June 20 - 22 at the Weber State University Davis Campus in Layton. It's such a perfect place to hold a conference.

Of course, I'm biased to the location. It's where most of the classes for my master's degree were held. Back then (and it was only ten years ago...) there was only one building. Now there's two. Another reason I like the location is because it's only 10 - 15 minutes from my home. After attending a slug of conferences in Utah County, I'm all for holding more up north.


I know I hype this particular conference each year. As a writer with some success, I like attending events where ego doesn't drive everything. Truth be told, most of the conferences I attend there's not a lot of ego involved, and if there is, I usually don't feel it. With Fyrecon, there's a real sense that you can hang out with successful writers and artists. You can also spend time with people just like you who have normal questions about writing, publishing, editing, and marketing. There's not a lot of opportunities for your average person to have access to this much information. It's unique and wonderful.

Schedules are being finalized now. You can, by accessing their website (click: HERE for the Fyrecon website), to see the Master Guests who will be teaching at the conference. I've attended panels with many of them--they're knowledge and experience is amazing! Definitely worth the cost of admission.

I plan on writing more blog posts as the conference gets closer. But, if you're looking for a good conference to attend--even for your children who are interested in writing and art to attend--please check out Fyrecon. We're almost a month away!



No comments:

Post a Comment