Friday, May 3, 2019

Wild Bill's Olde Fashioned Soda Pop Co...Amazing


I've seen them before--hundreds, if not thousands of large mugs in various colors, all originating from one place, one single booth that did a killer business at the con. I'm talking about Wild Bill's Olde Fashioned Soda Pop Co.

I was in awe.

At the last FanX Comics Convention in Salt Lake, I had an assignment right next to the Wild Bill's Olde Fashioned Soda Pop Co. booth (you can access their website by clicking: HERE). I'd seen those large, very cool-looking steins at previous shows. I never took advantage of the product. I'm kind of frugal/cheap at shows (and most other places, too...). I didn't realize just how successful their operation was until I worked alongside their booth. 


Their booth was so packed, from the minute the floor opened until the floor closed. They had lines as long as those for people waiting to meet celebrities. And the reason is this: Wild Bill's is a marketing wonder. The mugs are expensive--there's no other way to put it, but once you buy the mug, you get free refills, and you can use that mug at any of the 500 or so events they do each year. For $5 you can get unlimited daily fills at any future event. 


You want to successfully market your product, do this:

First, you get a cool looking mug. Make sure that mug is memorable. These things are big and shiny and beautiful. So everyone packing these things around are doing your advertising for you. And that line of people getting refills was long and stayed long during the entire event. I never paid attention to the marketing side of things before, but after spending a couple of days next to Wild Bill's, I was a convert. They sure know what they're doing.

Now, I have my own mug. I'm planning on being at the next FanX event in September. According to Wild Bill's website, they'll be there, too. I got my mug as the convention closed so I didn't have a chance to enjoy the product. I'm looking forward to do just that. In a way though, it'll be a shame to use the mug for its intended purpose. I mean, it's nice enough to put on a shelf as a work of art. Then again, I am a sucker for a good deal. I'll let you know what happens come next September.

No comments:

Post a Comment