Wednesday, May 1, 2019

It's Blooming Time...And Then It's Not


Spring is beautiful. There's no denying it. It's beautiful outside in the spring. My only issue is the pollen that's bursting from almost every possible plant is trying to do me in. I've lived with it for over five decades, but on a night like tonight, the pollen's winning. I just have to ride it out.

The trouble with all the beauty, all the blossoms and blooms out there, is if you live in an area like ours, there's bound to be spring storms, sometimes they get down right harsh. In the past couple of weeks we've had thunderstorms, winds, rain, and even a skiff of snow this morning. Those delicate little blossoms just can't withstand the forces of nature.


Every year I hope they were around long enough to do the job for which they were created so the circle of life can go on.

There's a new shopping center where we live--I guess it's been around for several years now. They planted a lot of trees and they were in full bloom. It was a sight. I happened to drive through there during a wind storm. I tried videotaping it because it looked so cool having all those blossoms flying around. The video didn't catch the coolness.

We'll have to wait another eleven months or so to see the blossoms again. And they won't last long. Better photograph them when you have the chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment