Wednesday, May 22, 2019

You Can Hear The "I Told You So's" From Here...


For the past couple of weeks, I've been perusing the twenty-first version of the Classifieds. They're no longer listed in the newspaper; they're online. Locally, we had a website hosted by a TV and radio station. They were huge, as far as classifieds go. They might still be, but I find myself checking the Facebook Marketplace for deals. In the past month or so, I've bought several things--nothing big like cars or snowmobiles (I could buy them from the Marketplace if I wanted--they have so many things for sale...).

And because I peruse, I come across things I don't need or will ever buy, but that I find interesting. Case in point: 

For Sale: One AirPod.

Now, if someone gave me a pair of AirPods, I would not turn them down, but I don't plan on spending more than one-hundred dollar + price on a pair. I remember--as I'm sure many of you do--hearing all the comments from nay sayers when details of the AirPod's designs were released. Everyone was sure these little suckers would get lost almost immediately. I've never worn a pair so I can't testify just how good or bad they adhere to the ear. Many swore they worked just fine in their ears. They were either telling the truth, or were trying to convince themselves that spending that much money on a pair of earphones was worth it, and that they had not made a terrible mistake.

I came across a right-side AirPod for sale locally. It's not the first time I've seen posts just like this. Personally, I would take a left-side AirPod, but I haven't seen one for sale. And even at half the price, it's still a lot.

I don't know the exact sales of Apple's AirPods, or if they've exceeded their expectations or underperformed. But, I'm sure this particular post won't be the last one if its kind. You can almost hear the "I told you so's" from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment