Sunday, May 5, 2019

Completing The Entertainment/Exercise Center...


Saturday, I was doing a little weekend shopping, at my favorite shopping spot--our local neighborhood thrift store. That's when a thought hit me.

I should look for a Wii gaming console.

Sometimes I go to our neighborhood thrift store to look for a specific item. I've done well when I do that. Of course, I can't have too high of standards. I pretty much know if I need to buy an electric line trimmer, there's probably a couple at the store, and if they're not there, they'll probably have a couple to choose from in a week or so.

Over the years I've found many things I've specifically went to the store to find. This was one of those times. Saturday, I'm looking in the electronics department (not much there...) and the thought hits me. I should look for a Wii because I could use it on breaks at work--you know, for exercising. I did a quick search on the shelves...

Nothing.

I thought maybe they would have one in the glass cabinets at the front of the store. I took five steps, turned, and right there, sitting on a cart they use to haul out the new "goodies," it a Wii unit. Unbelievable. I plugged it in, it light up, but all the cables needed to make sure it worked properly were missing. I decided that I could buy it and it if worked, I just scored a first-edition Wii gaming console, and if it didn't work, I just donated $15 to the thrift store.

I brought it home, hooked it up (I found that inside the unit was the incredible game Dance Party 2...), crossed my fingers and I waited to see if the unit worked. Turns out, it did. Just to make sure, I turned on the game and rocked out to It's Raining Men. I didn't too bad, if I don't say so myself, somewhere in the 70% accurate range.

It's interesting. I hooked up my thrift store Wii to my thrift store TV. And if I can keep up an exercise regimen, then my entertainment/exercise center will be complete, thanks to some fortuitous circumstances and a well-stocked neighborhood thrift store.

No comments:

Post a Comment