Wednesday, May 8, 2019

That Time I Was On A "In The Telling" Podcast Episode...


I knew my friend Liz Christensen had begun a new podcast promoting storytelling in all its incarnations. I even blogged about it when it came out. I've enjoyed the episodes already out there in the podcast universe. It's been fun for me because she's interview many of my writing friends. I know Liz from theater and not a lot of my theater friends interact with my writing friends.

A few weeks ago Liz contacted me. She wanted to do an interview for an upcoming episode. Of course, I agreed. We recorded last Friday. The episode came out Tuesday, and I heard it this morning. I recommend you listen to every episode she's made, but I have to say, I'm definitely partial to this latest one. You can access the episode by clicking: HERE, or you can do a quick In The Telling search in the iTunes Store.

I'm not the only one interviewed. Liz's style is to interview multiple people and combine guests's comments. And in so doing, she uses other's memories and experiences to tell a unique story where points are made, impressions given, and hopefully, minds opened.

In the latest episode, there's three of us interviewed, myself, musician Columbia Jones, and artist/educator Jordan C. Brun. Each of us have different careers, different family situations, different goals, but we do share one thing--a desire/need to create. I love how Liz uses our stories to show there are always different perspectives on life. She's really good at it, a natural interviewer.

If you've never heard the InThe Telling podcast before, give this one a shot. And Columbia's song at the end is good--worth the price of admission. Thanks Liz for giving me the opportunity! It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment