Thursday, May 2, 2019

The Mystery Of The Lego Moroni...


When I saw the post on social media, I almost didn't believe it. Not because I didn't think it was possible, but because I didn't think that particular organization would do such a thing.

The social media post listed instructions, instructions on how to change to app icon picture. The app is a resource guide for our church. And the person on the app is named Moroni. He lived in Ancient America around 400 A.D. Of course, many believe him to be fictional, a character created from a man's imagination. Personally, I believe him to be real.

You may have seen this man holding a trumpet if you've ever passed, and taken notice of, a Latter-Day Saint Temple. Temples have a man, dressed in a robe, blowing a trumpet. Oh, and he's gold. This is Moroni and he's a symbol of the church, so much so, he's the figure on the app icon picture.

I don't know how someone figured it out, but with a few simple moves, the app icon picture could be changed, and the picture I wanted--and eventually got--was hands down, the best picture of them all, the Lego Moroni!

I mean, how cool is that?

Like I said, it wasn't that this sort of thing was possible, it's just I didn't think the church would have allowed this to be done, or that instructions on how to change the picture would be leaked. But however it happened, it was cool. 

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when I saw another post today, except this post threw cold water of my fire of excitement. The Lego Moroni and other app icon pictures were no more. Apparently, a new update was released and once you download the update...poof--Bye bye Moroni, at least, the Lego variety.

At first, I was confused when I knew the change was possible. then I guess I was not surprised when it went away. So long, Lego Moroni. It was fun while it lasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment