Thursday, April 23, 2020

A Little Trip Around The Block...


Last Monday, after dinner and dishes, I decided to go for a little walk. Unlike many, we're blessed to be able to actually leave the house. And, not only leave, but wander around a bit.

I took advantage.

And took a short trip around the neighborhood.

My first destination was the Free Community Pantry (blog post #3376--you can link to it: HERE). Before the whole world changed, the scouts held a food drive. We put several cans of chili out on Saturday morning and by Saturday evening the cans were still at the curb. I thought since we were giving them away anyway, might as well donate them to the community pantry.


After that, I veered from my straight shot leading home and ventured around a bit. I decided to visit a family in the neighborhood/congregation (where we live, they're one in the same...) that I'm sort of responsible for. Each family in the congregation/neighborhood is assigned to a few other families to make sure they're doing okay. In normal times, we check on their physical, but mostly spiritual well-being. Now, because we don't see them every Sunday, we have no way of knowing how they're doing with anything/everything. Turns out, they're doing well--they have provisions (food, work, toilet paper...).

From there, I turned toward home. It wasn't a long walk--less than a mile--but it felt good to smell the fresh air and get in a little exercise. Plus, I saw neighbors I hadn't seen in weeks. Thankfully, I'm able to still get out. I should do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment