Monday, April 13, 2020

We'll All Have A "First Time" Story...


Because of "The New Normal," we are going out only a few times a week and the reason for venturing out is almost exclusively for food--grocery shopping, picking up take-out, and every now and then we'll need to get something else deemed "essential."

And in my weekly trips, I've noticed something--more and more of those inside the grocery stores are wearing masks. A few weeks ago = a few patrons had them. Last week there were more patrons and employees wearing masks than were not...

Us included.

This was a first for me. First time wearing a mask--other than a ski mask while skiing--in public, first time shopping during a global pandemic. There's been a lot of firsts for us and for everyone else, lately. And since it was my first time, I have a little "first time" story.

The mask was constructed by my wife. She's been making them for the family. It was snug and fit well, so much so, that with my RayBan Wayfarers on, any breath coming out of me instantly fogged up my glasses. They would de-fog if I slowed up my breathing and breathed through my nose, which I don't normally do. Also, a quick way to clear up my vision was to walk faster through the store, thus allowing greater airflow over the lenses. 

Problem--the quicker I walked, the heavier the breathing--the heavier the breathing, the more fogged became the lenses.

Vicious circle.

So, that's my "first time wearing a mask in public that wasn't a ski mask" story. Pretty soon, we'll all have one, if you don't already. Then maybe one day you'll be able to tell your kids and grandkids about your "first time."


No comments:

Post a Comment