Wednesday, April 15, 2020

A Trip/Surf Down Memory Lane...Happy Birthday Daren!


Tonight, I was looking for a postcard I received once...if I find it I'll try and post it tomorrow. And if I don't find it, I won't (if I find it, you'll understand why...).

But, in searching for this item from over thirty years ago, I came across something else, something timely. You see, it's my friend Daren's birthday today. He and I met in the fall of 1985 in the town of Odense, Denmark, birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen. We were both LDS missionaries together in that amazing country.


Daren has always been a colorful character, at least, as long as I've known him. Today's Daren's birthday. Happy birthday, brother! Before I met Daren, he had gone to the local newspaper in Odense to see if they wanted to run a story on him. Turns out, they did.

The story basically explains how a young man from California could--if he chose--be a professional surfer at home in the United States. But, he was at that time not pursuing a career as a professional surfer, but was instead giving his life to God.

Great headline!

Mostly, because it's true.


Thanks to Google Translate, if you want you can see what's said about Daren--it's a good story. If you don't want to do that, it basically explains what the missionaries were doing and why. Daren was one cool dude thirty-five years ago, and he's only improved with age. Tilykke med dagen, du! Ha' det rigtig godt!

No comments:

Post a Comment