Wednesday, April 8, 2020

What Is It With Writers...And Cats?


Thankfully, the cat moved.

Had he not moved, I would be typing with one hand, and it would take forever just to get this far.

What is it with cats...and writers? I had just settled down after a 10-hour work day, dinner, dishes, and playing a little bit with the dog. I fired up the laptop, posted my Pic Of The Day, then tried to decide what to blog about. That's when our miniature lion decided to snuggle up next to me. He positioned himself with his head resting atop my right forearm. 

Pretty much stops any ability to write.

I have a lot of writer friends. And you don't have to be friends with writers to follow them on social media. So many writers have cats. Why is that? I mean, many writers have dogs, too, but dogs are predictable, especially when compared to cats. You play with dogs, eventually you wear them out, they lay down for a nap and you can get back to writing.

Cats...not so much.

Sure, you can play with cats and they get bored, too. But then, they'll pop back up after you think they're taking a nap. Then they'll try and sit on your lap or your laptop or your lap and your laptop. If you try to move them, they may get up and walk away, or they may try and claw your eyes out.

And maybe that's why writers have cats...the unpredictability of it all. You never know what's going to happen.

Yes, I'm lucky the cat moved...

At least, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment