Monday, April 27, 2020

Detailing With Decals...Almost Finished


Donk the Car needed something. It needed to improve its personality--nothing major...

But what?

Yes, it needed an Apple Computer decal.

Luckily, that's what we had.

Actually, we were doing some spring cleaning a few weeks ago and I found a set of Apple logo decals from an Apple Store purchase, most likely from when we picked up an iPhone. Since the decals were so small, I decided that Donk, the Subaru Forester would be adorned with a symbol of capitalism. 

Donks' previous owner had a decal on a side window from Big Sur, California. I've never been to Big Sur, California, but I liked the sticker. Before I bought the car, he said he'd remove the decal, but I told him to leave it--I wanted to keep it as a reminder of the previous owner, a memento to remind me of how good he took care of the car.


I've had Apple decals on most of my cars. The one that I had on my old car, a car now owned by my daughter, was showing its age, so I scraped off the old sticker, of which only half remained, and applied a new one. I probably should have asked for her permission to do that--I'm thinking this for the first time as I'm writing this--but I didn't. I hope it's okay.

I'm not a big "bumper sticker" guy. There's a lot of things I won't put on my car, political ads being one of them. And I suppose I could stop by just having the Apple decal attached to the rear window. But, it's not finished. There's one more thing I'd like to add to make Donk complete.

I need to find a DK or a Dannebrog decal. There's one on the family van (DK sticker) and there's a Dannebrog (Danish flag) on my daughter's car. Now, I just need to find one for Donk the Subaru. Then, if I never add anything else, that'd be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment