Wednesday, March 1, 2023

The Utility Cart Is Great...But I Wish It Was A Trailer


 A few years ago, an author friend told me that one of the greatest things a writer can have when attending writing conferences is...

A utility cart.

I've thought about what he said a lot, especially in the fall when I'm at our local comic con and when I'm at work at an amusement park. Whenever I see a family towing a child or two asleep in the cart from a long day of fun, or an author or vendor taking goods to their booth. I never looked into getting a utility cart, at least not seriously. That is, until my wife and I walked into a store and saw a cart for sale, at a discount (we're all about the discounts...). 

We saw it. I bought it. I'm prepared for conference season. I've ordered a ton of books to see and now I have an efficient way to transport those books to market.

But, what I'd really like...

Is a trailer.

A trailer full of books

  (picture credit: https://thinairwinnipeg.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/booktrailer.jpg)

I'd love to be able to load up a trailer full of my books, my friends's books, great books of all kinds and head out on the weekends to make some serious sales. Instead of an ice cream truck pulling up to a city park on Saturdays, I'd love to pull up with a trailer full of books and flood the park with stories. Maybe one day.

All journeys begin with a single step...or a utility cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment