Friday, March 24, 2023

Ten Years Ago...We Had A Blast


 A memory popped up on my Facebook feed today...

Ten years.

A decade ago I posted a short video I made (back when I was making short videos...) about a show I was doing at the time. It was Centerpoint Legacy Theatre's production of the classic, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It was the first time that theater did the show and the second time I had the great fortune of participating.

I met some incredible people in that show, and thanks to social media, I've kept in touch with many of them since the last curtain fell, April 2, 2013. There's been marriages, babies, homes purchased, retirements announced, the children in the cast are getting married, and unfortunately, a divorce or two thrown in. That's what happens to fifty or so people in ten years.

Each show has its own personality, its own spirit. We meet, learn, sacrifice, and perform together for a few months, then we go our separate ways. Sometimes we meet up again in another show down the road, but that unique experience of that particular production can never be duplicated. Watching the video again took me back, back to when I was Issachar, I was not the oldest brother (a rarity...), and I danced mostly in the back row due to my talent level.

Good times.

For those in the show who watch the video, I hope it brings back some similar memories of hard work, long practices, and appreciative crowds.

Go Go Go Jo!



No comments:

Post a Comment