Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Carson Boss's "Glimpse"...A Book Review


 Last Saturday, I found myself in my old stopping grounds. I had a meeting which may turn out to be something cool (more details to follow if it actually happens...). And because I was down south, I decided on my way home to stop by my friend's book signing for his debut novel, Glimpse. 

I'm glad I did.

It's a great little story.

Carson Boss's Glimpse mixes a ghost story, a love story, an interdimensional adventure that's fresh, engaging, and thoughtful. Mark Banks, a university freshman in Maryland, finds himself caught up in a mystery brought on from an assignment in his favorite class. While visiting a cemetery Mark and his friends try to capture paranormal evidence, a subject Mark found incredibly interesting. The events at the cemetery will soon change his life.

Thus begins a journey that includes Mark, his friends, his professor, his religious leader, and a girl who experienced the same thing a year before...someone Mark needs as a resource but who becomes much more.

Though Carson has written several non-fiction works, this is Boss's debut fiction novel. He does a good job with the characters that we feel we know them on a deeper level. The many conversations help us as well as Mark understand the worlds that are now open to him. Because their mission is so important, evil forces seek out Mark and his friends to try and stop them. Will Mark succeed in stopping ultimate evil be unleashed on the world? Or will the darkness overcome the bank of spiritual warriors?

To find out, you can order Carson's book by clicking the Amazon site: HERE. If you like plucky teenagers battle what appears to be unsurmountable forces, you'll like Glimpse. I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment