Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Changes At Work

A few of us gathered at work and had a little discussion. Changes are coming. I've been with the same organization for almost 15 years. In that time, I've seen alterations in the way things operate--I've seen them come and I've seen them go.

The latest incarnation deals with incentive and incentives. For many years I worked in management--a status I no longer hold. That's fine with me, considering the alternative. And as a former manager, I can understand some of the philosophy behind the changes.

The consequences of the upcoming changes will literally change many employee’s lives. Of course, since I've been at the same place for so long it's hard for me to remember how life is "on the outside." Perhaps things like this happen all the time...perhaps.

Whether or not these latest changes will work remains to be seen. As in all things, time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment