Thursday, June 16, 2011

Clarks...Come On In!


I'd like to introduce to you Anson Clark.


He's a barber.


This is his shop.


Do you remember as a kid seeing a barbershop pole, the red, blue, and white stripes rotating either clockwise or counterclockwise and the stripes of color disappeared either at the top of the pole or the bottom? The effect was simple, but hypnotic.


Step into Anson's shop and it's like a candy shop for your eyes. There's so much to see, so many cool things crammed in such a small place (and, yes...a disco ball is a cool thing...).


I have an affinity for B-17's. Not only is it a good-looking plane, but my dad was part of a B-17 crew in WWII.


Unfortunately, I do not have the resources to utilize Anson's talents in hair maintenance (and I'm not talking about money...). The fact is, it's been over 20 years since I've paid for a haircut. I like saving the money, but it would be nice to have the options...


If you're in Farmington and in need of a haircut, drop by. Anson's shop is just north of the court house on State Street. See if he's open for business. You won't regret it. Say "hi" from me and while you're sitting in the chair looking at the visionary feast for the eyes, strike up a conversation with the proprietor of the business. He likes to talk about lots of things, even bass guitars.

No comments:

Post a Comment