Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Trip To P-Town...


 My Trip To Provo...

I received a text message around 2pm yesterday from Jeff... "Not sure your plans tonight, but do you want to go with my to the BYU bball game?" I texted back, "Yeah! That sounds fun. Can I wear red? ;)" Jeff's response... "Sure, they're playing Dixie State."


For any of you who don't know my friend Jeff (and you're unfortunate if you don't...) he has, shall we say, a desire to attend sporting events. And lucky for him, he has the means to attend said events. I have many times been the recipient of his generosity and been asked to attend. As you can see from my assigned seat, I had a killer spot to see what turned out to be a pretty good game.

I wasn't sure, but I thought there would be food involved. I was correct. The school's food services did a fine job.


Two other missionary companions enjoyed the same generosity as me.


The bowels of the Marriott Center don't leave much elbow room, but they do allow for height, which is good...


 The home boys had their hands full with the shorter (but better shooting...) Rebels. But in the end, they wore them down and gave the zoobies...ah, I mean, excited students a good win.

 

One thing I've noticed about games I've attended with Jeff, we are always place in close proximity to the cheerleaders. I don't know why this is...

 

 

I am not a student of the game as are my friends. They saw fouls I missed. They commented on good plays by each team. I guess I just need to attend more sporting events...

I got high-fived by Cosmo, got my picture taken under a big "Y" (is that a rhetorical question?) and put my foot on the hardwood while the game was unfolding before our eyes.




Of course, the game was the icing on the cake, a bonus if you will. I would have been just as happy sitting around a table somewhere, shooting the bull and reminiscing about days before and after Denmark (please don't tell Jeff this...). We're so much older than we were those many years ago, but we still enjoy each others company and are blessed knowing it was a terrific experience that brought us together in the first place. Thanks, Jeff for another great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment