Monday, November 28, 2011

My Facebook Birthday Experiement...

(Our pooch--before haircut)

My Birthday Experiment...

Last year, 364 days to be exact, I decided to try a little experiment. You see almost exactly one year ago today I had just celebrated my birthday. Now, I know it's a small thing, but when I accessed my Facebook account last year, I got a few "Happy Birthdays" from my electronic Facebook friends and I was grateful to those people.

(Our pooch--after haircut)

I thought back on the year that had passed and I realized when I saw others birthdays on Facebook, most of the time I ignored them and wouldn't send a "Happy Birthday" wish. And since I got only a few birthday wishes last year, I made the decision to wish a "Happy Birthday" to as many people as possible. I was doing pretty good this year until Facebook changed the way they presented information and I kind of "missed a few..." If you were one that I missed, I apologized.

 
(Our pooch--after haircut)

So, my birthday this year came and went and at the end of the day, I checked Facebook to see if my experiment--that is, wishing people "Happy Birthday" would increase the responses on my Facebook wall--had increased the wishes for this year. When I checked at the end of the day on my birthday this year, only one person remembered. 

(Our pooch--after haircut)

To be honest, it was kind of a bummer, but I understand people are busy and my birthday usually falls on Thanksgiving weekend so people have many obligations...family is the most important, after all. Today I decided to go into my Facebook account and remove my birthday from my account so that next year, I wouldn't need to worry about worrying over "Happy Birthday" wishes. And that's when I found out that my birthday was not posted on my information so no one received a notice that it was my birthday. So, I guess my experiment failed. We'll see what happens next year. Happy birthday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment