Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Painted Pieces Of Wood, The Utah Crosses...


The news hit the airwaves and internet waves earlier today. The Supreme Court will not hear Utah's case on the crosses. Here is an example of one of the internet stories: YAHOO NEWS.

I pass these crosses everyday as I go to and from work. I thought I'd stop and take a picture or two on a cloudy November afternoon. The weather was appropriate due to the solemn nature of the monument--the only exception to this is that these fallen heros died in the service of others.

Before the court case was an issue, I stopped by the side of I-15 and took more pictures. I also did some research concerning the men whose names appear on these crosses. Here's a link to that post: THEY DIED 40 YEARS APART...

I have my own opinion of what I think should happen and my thoughts can be encapsulated in this thought: if the crosses don't mean anything to you, why deny others to honor their loved ones in a manner they see fit, and if the memorial is on state land, so be it.

My understanding is that these will soon be taken down. Maybe no one will notice, but I'm sure some will, at least for a little while...

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Scott. I hope they will still find a way to honor these heroes.

    ReplyDelete