Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween, 2011 Edition...


I guess the first question I had this morning was, should I dress up in some costume at work? I decided not to--after all, the only reason I really wanted to dress up is to wear casual clothing (I guess I'm getting a bit cantankerous in my old age...). No one in my area ended up dressing up so I would have felt more like a dork had I done so...


There are a few homes near where I work. I snapped this picture on my walk this morning. It was the most Halloween-y.





The last couple of years I've been fortunate enough to be home for Halloween. If I had stayed home today I could have helped carve the pumpkins and help make the doughnuts, and grazed on snacks throughout the day. We made Mummy Hot Dogs for dinner. There was a nice sunset and the cat watched me light the pumpkins.


We're not one to go all-out for decorating, but I think our humble attempt turned out pretty good.


Of all the Halloween decorations we own, this one probably means the most. This was a wedding present from my brother and sister-in-law. Our anniversary is in September...I thought it was a great present.


So my kids stayed home and handed out treats. They also played video games. Maybe that's the 21st century version of "candy."

All in all, it was a pretty good day. Happy Halloween, everyone!

1 comment: