Tuesday, October 11, 2011

All The Farmington Civic Center's A Stage...


Many of the people I call friends I've met at the theater. It was due to a fondness to perform that I ultimately met my wife those many years ago...


I was asked a few weeks ago to help out a friend with a play our community theater. At first I turned down the opportunity, but then, I had a change of heart. I have the smallest part in the production--well, one of the smallest parts. Everyone else has put in many many hours of practice and rehearsal time. Not me, but hopefully I will have done enough come opening night.


For those of you who have done productions, either professional or community or church, some things never change. I'm still nervous before I go on stage. I used to want bigger roles, but as time goes on (and I get older...), I think I like the smaller roles, less pressure, you know...


We'll put on the Farmington City Arts Council's production of "You Can't Take It With You" the last week of October. It should be fun. I spoke with my friend tonight about where we're at and how much more we have to do before we are ready to put on a show. One thing I've seen is that miracles happen when it comes to the theater. Shows I'm pretty sure will be disasters some how all work out when the curtain goes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment