Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Farmington Fire Station


Farmington Fire Station

Each Saturday morning, we have been collecting fruits and vegetables from a co-op called Bountiful Baskets. Fortunately for our little town, our local fire department lets us meet and distribute the food in their station. Some places pick up their food outside--which is nice in the summer--but they shut down in the winter. Not us...we're a year-around operation.


Last Saturday I started looking around the building. On this particular morning, they kept the trucks inside, so I began to take pictures. I do have my favorites...






I guess Engine 73 is now Engine 72.


Of course, without the people, there are just useless trucks and an empty building.




But of all the pictures I took that day, I liked these the best. It pretty much says all that needs to be said. 


I did not get permission to add this picture. I hope it's okay.


On the west wall are pictures of fires they've fought and training exercises they've done. I'm glad the fire department is there, and I hope they use these trucks as little as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment