Sunday, October 30, 2011

You Can Take Some Things With You...


I was late to the party...

About a month ago (or maybe a little longer...) a friend asked me to help him out. At first I declined, but then thought differently. The last month has been tough at times, but overall, a lot of fun. We put on a community play.



Everybody learns their lines and their blocking. They remember entrances and exits and which props to bring on and which ones to have someone else bring on.




Costumes and a killer set are added and built and soon the patrons come and enjoy food and a show. Some lines are missed and backstage the actors discuss the circumstances that led to both stage successes and stage failures. Hopefully, the audience were none the wiser. Of course, backstage, other activities take place...



And so with any production a thing that begins also ends. We had our last show last night. Before the show we met as a cast and said things and took pictures and enjoyed each other's company.






 The crowd was amazing. I think my singular scene last night was the best of the short run. And because the show ended, everything that transformed the stage from a blank slate was removed and the slate once again remained.





All that was left was the ice cream cake...


Thanks everyone for letting me play, even though I was a little bit late...


No comments:

Post a Comment