Sunday, October 2, 2011

Twitter Conference...Going High-Tech...


A High-Tech Tweeter Conference Weekend

It might have been a year ago (after signing up for Twitter...) I began following the #LDSConf Twitter stream during conference. I get most of those I end up following from conference weekends. I think it's a good place to find interesting people who are incredibly creative and insightful. More than once I would laugh at something someone wrote (many thoughts about the dresses worn by the women in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir this afternoon...). Each time I laughed at a tweet, my wife would say, "You must be reading tweets--you're laughing at the inopportune times." She was right.

Today was no different. I didn't check in on Twitter during the last session. I just wanted to listen without the interruption of looking at the computer.

I copied some of my tweets and replies to other tweets over the past few days. Here's just a few:



 Scott Taylor 
Matt Richardson, my MTC teacher--great guy... 
 Skyler Ence 
 by HyggeMan
We told my son he could have a marshmallow when he heard "Jesus Christ" thanx to Elder Ballard's talk he will not sleep tonight 
 Scott Taylor 
ahhh 
 Scott Taylor 
@ 
 I hope you get what you need from the talks.
 Nicole Bullock 
 by HyggeMan
Ha! RT : i always mentally insert "and the former pilot with a great voice and fantastic hair" whenever Uctdorf is introduced 
 Scott Taylor 
Scotty Watty Doodle All The Day: President Svend P. Svendsen 
 Scott Taylor 
@ 
 Well, maybe not NOW...
 Scott Taylor 
 I wonder how many of the kids will need to take breaks in the next 2 hours...


 Scott Taylor 
@ 
 Please provide twitpic so we can be the judge of just how "great" the seats in question are...
 Scott Taylor 
Is you is, or is you ain't my consit'uency? 
 Ryan Beasley 
 by HyggeMan
My 8 year old daughter just asked me when halftime is!  :)
 Scott Taylor 
few  tweets right now...everyone's listening
 Scott Taylor 
The accent...I thought he said Potty training, not pilot training.. 
 Scott Taylor 
@ 
 obviously, some truths require no outward acknowledgement...




I'm not a big Tweet-er and many of these make no sense due to me responding the other's tweets, and some are not necessarily conference-related. It was very cool to see my MTC teacher and mentor Brother Matt Richardson speak (and he spoke of his mission being such a big influence on him--I went to the same mission...). 

In six month's time we'll all do this again. Until next time Tweeters! I'll see you all in cyberspace...

No comments:

Post a Comment