Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!


I've been doing a play this week so I've been getting home late. When it's late and I'm tired, sometimes being creative can be a bit taxing. Last night I was again tired so I came across an idea for the blog post that I had planned to do for some time...I quickly found a couple of my mother's recipes and posted them. I liked how it turned out and I was glad I was able to get it done quickly so I could get some sleep. I'm glad I posted those recipes last night.


I woke up this morning and saw a Facebook post from my sister. She posted some pictures of my mom. It wasn't until that moment that I realized what day it was...my mom's birthday. I realized later this morning what birthday it is...her 80th. The day's already special for us. This year--even more so.



I've written about my mom before...several times, actually and I've posted these same pictures before (I never tire of seeing them...). And, considering our family's circumstances, I should write about her more. As I compile today's post, I see the pictures and feel again the sadness that we all feel. My mom was both mom and dad to us three children. And as I grow older, I understand her better even though she's no longer with us. Mom, happy birthday! You and dad go have some fun.


1 comment:

  1. Sweet post Scott. I love how you have always talked about your Mom. Your subconcious remembered her birthday. Happy 80th to her. I know you miss her.

    ReplyDelete